Welcome to San Marco Resources Inc.
San Marco Resources Inc. is a Canadian mineral exploration company with a portfolio of promising projects in mining-friendly Mexico, including the Chunibas, Espiritu SMR and 1068 Projects in Sonora State.
San Marco actively pursues a strategic project generation program focused on high-caliber, low acquisition cost opportunities in North-western Mexico. The Company has a committed management team with extensive experience in Mexico and a proven track record of building shareholder value.
Recent News: San Marco Resources Provides Corporate Update and Growth Strategy for 2019
- The Company’s near-term strategy for 2019 is expected to include the following:
- Near-term exploration programs and budgets being finalized for the Company’s 100% owned Espiritu SMR and 1068 properties with a focus on target delineation;
- Follow-up work programs being contemplated for multiple underexplored areas within the 100% owned Chunibas Project (see details below);
- Multiple submissions for highly prospective new property acquisitions becoming available through the Mexican government lottery (libertad de terrenos);
- Strategic targeting and evaluation of multiple potential new property acquisitions in various jurisdictions; and
- Ongoing potential partnership discussions regarding the Company’s existing assets.
- San Marco signed an earn-in agreement with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Antofagasta plc over San Marco´s 100% owned Chunibas Project in Sonora State, Mexico (see news release August 9, 2018).
- Though the initial program evidenced encouraging characteristics associated with a possible mineralized system warranting additional follow up, Antofagasta determined the results did not meet its required threshold at this time and has elected not to proceed.
- The Company thanks Antofagasta for its interest in Chunibas and funding of the initial drill program which provided valuable, additional technical information applicable to ongoing exploration work at multiple underexplored prospective targets within the project.
- San Marco once again retains a 100% interest in the project and management believes it remains prospective for follow up exploration that may be conducted by the Company or other potential interested parties in the future.